[torqueusers] qsub environment variable limits

Josh Lauricha laurichj at bioinfo.ucr.edu
Mon Jul 11 12:48:31 MDT 2005

Specifically, what are they? I have a user doing something along the
lines of:

 $ find -type f -maxdepth 1 | xargs -n 250 echo | while read INPUT; do
        export INPUT; qsub foo.sh; done

with foo.sh something like:
#!/bin/sh
#PBS -v INPUT

for file in $INPUT; do
    something_to $file
done

after around 2-4k of data, the buffer used to send the data overflows.
It might be helpful for an error message to be printed when they are
going to be truncated.

| Josh Lauricha            | Ford, you're turning    |
| laurichj at bioinfo.ucr.edu | into a penguin. Stop    |
| Bioinformatics, UCR      | it                      |
| OpenPG:                                            |
|  4E7D 0FC0 DB6C E91D 4D7B C7F3 9BE9 8740 E4DC 6184 |