[torqueusers] qstat -f reason for waiting job

Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com
Fri Jul 8 16:49:22 MDT 2005

I stand corrected.  It is there.  I'm not sure why I wasn't seeing it
before.  Sorry for the brain fart.

--- Rick Ingham, Expeditors Int'l / IS
---- RICK.INGHAM at EXPEDITORS.COM  (206) 674-3400 x3284   FAX  246-3197

             Garrick Staples
             <garrick at usc.edu>
             torqueusers-bounc         torqueusers at supercluster.org
             es at supercluster.o                                          cc
             rg
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [torqueusers] qstat -f reason
             07/08/2005 09:58          for waiting job
             AM

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 08:14:28AM -0700, Rick.Ingham at expeditors.com
alleged:

> With OpenPBS, using 'qstat -f' would list an attribute line for each job,
> think it was called 'comment', that had a one line hint as to why the job
> had not been started yet.  I have not seen this in Torque.
>
> Is there a way in Torque to get this kind of a hint about a job and why
it
> has not been started yet?

The job attribute for "comment" does exist in torque, but it's up to the
scheduler to actuallly set it.

It looks like pbs_sched knows how to do this, but maui hasn't learned that
trick yet.  But if you are using maui, the details are in 'checkjob'.

University of Southern California
(See attached file: att3cpmw.dat)