[torqueusers] TORQUE documentation re-write

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Fri Jul 1 14:22:37 MDT 2005

Garrick,

  I don't know the best solution here.  It will take a good man-year to
fix up and complete the Maui documentation.  If anyone is offering to
contribute we will be very happy to integrate changes.  Maybe we need to
migrate the existing Maui docs to a wiki and allow the community more
opportunity to update and enhance these.  In the short term, you may
want to reference the online Moab documentation at

http://clusterresources.com/moabdocs

  While Moab has a completely different architecture, its interfaces
were designed to be fully compatible with Maui.  NOTE:  what works in
Maui works in Moab but not necessarily the other way around.  Moab docs
have far more examples, complete definitions, and no broken links.  The
only gotcha is the fact that there are many, many capabilities listed in
the Moab docs which only work in Moab.  Some users look for a parameter
in Maui documentation and then if they run into a documentation hole,
look to complete the review in Moab documentation.  That way they know
it exists in Maui and get the full story from the Moab docs.

  As Maui documentation holes are found, send them to us, but not all at
once!  We will do our best to address them.  Please note however, we are
working on numerous projects, often with tight deadlines and cannot get
to everything immediately.  Have patience and know that we are trying.

Dave