[torqueusers] Torque on 1000 nodes ?

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Fri Jul 1 09:16:42 MDT 2005

Ole,

> We typically have 100-200 jobs running, and 3 times that queued.
> With PBSPro 5.4.2 that's no sweat at all.  However, I recently
> found out that the Maui scheduler has a hard-coded limit of 4096 jobs,
> as you described.

  Maui's maximum job count is hard-coded/static but it is configured as
a single #define in a header file and the documentation describes where
and how to change this parameter.  There are sites out there running
Maui with ~15,000 jobs queued/running and Moab is being evaluated at 3x
that.  The bottleneck is usually not Maui/Moab, its typically the
resource manager.

Dave