[torqueusers] More pbs_mom communication problems

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Feb 28 13:52:41 MST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:00 pm, Hannu Väisänen wrote:

> When I do
>
> telnet server 15001
>
> on the node I get No route to host.

So something somewhere is blocking the packets.   I'd suggest changing your
iptables rules to log rejected packets.   I use excellent Shorewall package
(http://www.shorewall.net/) to build iptables rules, it makes life a lot
easier I find.

How many interfaces do you have ?

Our clusters have private networks which all the mom communications run over,
if you have the same it may be worth explicitly accepting all traffic from
that interface.

Doesn't sound to me like a Torque/PBS issue at all.

Good luck!
Chris