[torqueusers] Processors marked as free while not

Tim Miller btmiller at helix.nih.gov
Wed Feb 23 09:07:22 MST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, tegner wrote:

> We are running maui-3.2.6p9 and torque-1.1.0p4, and at some point in time the
> system (torque) got confused, and somehow believies that there are more free
> nodes than what is actually the case.

I've run into a similar problem with the default scheduler. We have the
ideal load and max load in the node configs set very low (0.15) to make
sure only 1 job runs per node, but with 1.1.0p6 this doesn't seem to work
exactly right. It's not a huge deal, since people can just use ppn=2.

Anyway, if you have nodes marked free that are actually busy, you can mark
them as offline with no adverse effect to the job(s) currently running on
them.

Best Wishes,
Tim

--
Tim Miller
System Administrator -- Laboratory of Computational Biology