[torqueusers] Processors marked as free while not

Tim Miller btmiller at helix.nih.gov
Wed Feb 23 09:07:22 MST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, tegner wrote:

> We are running maui-3.2.6p9 and torque-1.1.0p4, and at some point in time the
> system (torque) got confused, and somehow believies that there are more free
> nodes than what is actually the case.

I've run into a similar problem with the default scheduler. We have the
ideal load and max load in the node configs set very low (0.15) to make
sure only 1 job runs per node, but with 1.1.0p6 this doesn't seem to work
exactly right. It's not a huge deal, since people can just use ppn=2.

Anyway, if you have nodes marked free that are actually busy, you can mark
them as offline with no adverse effect to the job(s) currently running on

Best Wishes,

Tim Miller
System Administrator -- Laboratory of Computational Biology
National Institutes of Health   --   Bldg. 50 Rm. 3309    --     301-402-0618