[torqueusers] How to submit jobs for SMP

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Wed Feb 23 04:10:20 MST 2005

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 09:03, Garrick Staples wrote:

> That's up to your scheduler, not torque.  If you are using Maui, you can use
> "NODEACCESSPOLICY SINGLEJOB" in your maui.cfg.  I'm not sure about
> other schedulers.

And with Maui+Torque you can also do this on a per-job basis
with #PBS -W x=NACCESSPOLICY:SINGLEJOB (see manual). Dead handy.
We specify in our maui.cfg NODEACCESSPOLICY SHARED, but override
per-job.  This helps with our mix of lumpy MPI jobs and
big swarms of little noninteracting jobs that can usefully run
several-to-a-node.