[torqueusers] Submitting Jobs on alpha-linux cluster

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Feb 21 21:32:26 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 11:15:22PM -0700, David LeBard alleged:
> Hi Torque Folks,
>
> I am trying out torque on our alpha cluster, and I have set everything
> up according to the manual, however I keep running into a problem when I
> try to submit a job.  Basically, when I submit any job to the queue it
> goes immediately from status "R" to status "Q", and when I call "qstat
> -f", I see the following error message:
>

> comment = Not Running - PBS Error:  MSG=send failed, STARTING

I don't know specifically what that is refering to, but is there anything
interesting in server's logs, mom's logs, or the scheduler's logs?

Make sure that 'pbsnodes -a' lists your nodes correctly as "free" and all of
the status information.

University of Southern California