[torqueusers] Submitting Jobs on alpha-linux cluster

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Feb 21 17:19:55 MST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 04:57 am, David LeBard wrote:

> The OS is Red Hat Linux release 7.2 (Enigma) and Torque is 1.1.0p6 (I
> believe).

Hmm, does the 1.2.0 version fair any better on it ?

I know that Garrick and the folks at SuperCluster have put a *lot* of work
into the job starting stuff there, which might fix what you're seeing.

Regarding the OS, that's a tough one.  There's a list of distros at:

 http://www.alphalinux.org/

though the site hasn't been updated for a while from what I can see.

I guess you're best bet for long term support would be Debian, though the
stable release is umm, vintage.  It installs quite well though, but I can
imagine the installer being an issue with its questions.

That's probably a better question for the folks on the Beowulf list!

All the best,
Chris