[torqueusers] Submitting Jobs on alpha-linux cluster

David LeBard david.lebard at asu.edu
Mon Feb 21 16:54:12 MST 2005

We would ideally like to keep our old hardware, but I do agree with you
that the opterons are a nice replacement for the number-crunching
alphas.  In fact, we are no longer buying new alphas, but instead we
created an all new homogeneous cluster of opterons (Incidentally, the
OpenPBS/Torque on this cluster has no problems at all, though it has the
same type of MOM/Server configuration as the alphas.).

Back to the original question: What does this message from the queue
mean, and how do I get my jobs "unstuck" from this queue?

Message from qstat -f: "Not Running - PBS Error:  MSG=send failed,
STARTING"

Thanks,
David