[torqueusers] resource "nodect"

Amitay Isaacs amitay at aero.iitb.ac.in
Fri Feb 11 20:54:26 MST 2005

Hi,

Garrick Staples wrote:

>>>set queue workq resources_default.nodect = 1
>>
>>default node count when no explicit node count was asked for by the job.
>

> I'm not sure that a default nodect has any meaning, since you don't explicitly
> request a "nodect" attribute in your job.  Instead, you set a default "nodes"
> attribute.  Note that "nodes" is a string and not a number; so you can do
> things like "nodes=1:ppn=1"

In case you have default nodect set to 1, users can submit single CPU
jobs without specifying "-l nodes" qualifier. The problem with that
is all the jobs submitted without the qualifier get scheduled on a
single node, thus overloading the node.

Is there way of changing this behaviour?

I am using torque-1.1.0p4.

Amitay.