[torqueusers] resource "nodect"

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Feb 11 12:51:36 MST 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 09:17:09AM -0700, Wightman alleged:
> > set queue workq resources_max.nodect = 4
>
> maximum number of nodes a job may ask for when submitted to workq.
>
> > set queue workq resources_min.nodect = 1
>
> minimum number of nodes a job may ask for when submitted to workq.

Yes and yes.  If a job is asking for a number of nodes outside of that range,
it will be denied access to that queue.  Note that "nodect" is a number; it
can't be combined with things like "ppn=2".

> > set queue workq resources_default.nodect = 1
>
> default node count when no explicit node count was asked for by the job.

I'm not sure that a default nodect has any meaning, since you don't explicitly
request a "nodect" attribute in your job.  Instead, you set a default "nodes"
attribute.  Note that "nodes" is a string and not a number; so you can do
things like "nodes=1:ppn=1"

See pbs_queue_attributes(7B) for details on resources_{min,max,default} and
pbs_resources_linux(7B) (or whichever OS you are using).

University of Southern California