[torqueusers] tiny jobs starve everyone else

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Feb 8 19:14:16 MST 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 04:43:35PM -0800, Garrick Staples alleged:
> We're currently having a situation where 1 user has submitted a few tens of
> thousands of tiny single node jobs that run for about a minute.  This has
> completely starved out all of the other jobs.  The tiny jobs have been routed
> to an isolated queue with 16 dedicated nodes.

Nevermind, I realized the major problem was maui's 4096 job limit.

This situation is actually a ringing endorsement for torque's stability!
Torque has been working perfectly despite managing over 40000 jobs!

University of Southern California