[torqueusers] deadlock in torque p6

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Feb 3 20:56:55 MST 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 02:29:04PM +1100, Chris Samuel alleged:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:03 am, Marcin Mogielnicki wrote:
>
> > The solution would be to update the state of the node every time mom is
> > started. It can be done in a very simple way. The patch is given below.
>
> Hi Marcin,
>
> Is this the release version of p6 that we're talking about ?
>
> Have you looked at any of the 1.2 betas to see if those work?  I believed this
> has been addressed in these..

A small patch seems to have been dropped in 1.1.0p6.  I remember seeing it in
p5.

Further testing reveals that my original patch didn't address all scenerios
anyways.  There's a couple that I missed before, and Marcin's is still another
one.

Still working on it...

University of Southern California