[torqueusers] PBS and Globus gatekeeper node

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Feb 1 17:58:46 MST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:20 am, Gerson Galang wrote:

> But if I set "router at localhost" to route jobs to queues on another
> machine "batch at anothermachine.mydomain.com", PBS won't run the jobs
> anymore. PBS will tell me "Jobs rejected by all possible destinations"
> even without me seeing it tried contacting anothermachine.mydomain.com.

NB: We've never tried this, no idea if it can work or not..

A few thoughts:

1) Is anything logged about rejection on the destination machine ?   Could it
be that it's not permitted to queue jobs to that PBS server, or some DNS vs
local hostname issues ?

2) Does the following command work from your gatekeeper ?

 qstat -q @anothermachine.mydomain.com

3) Can you submit a test job to that remote system without using a routing
queue ?  For example:

 echo hostname | qsub -l walltime=0:1:0 -q queue at anothermachine.mydomain.com

This works here between machines (which suprised me!).

4) Do you see anything on the wire if you run a packet sniffer ?

cheers!
Chris