[torqueusers] problem with Altix compile

Walter de Jong walter at sara.nl
Thu Dec 29 01:25:05 MST 2005

The short example program does compile on our Altix.
It runs ProPack 3 SP6, limits.h is in the package

So for PP4, look for a package named glibc-headers.

(By the way, it gives _POSIX_PATH_MAX is 256, where I expected it to be
1024 or more. Ah well.)

Steve Young wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I hope all had a nice holiday. Anyhow, I still seem to have this issue
> with my Altix's. I have 3 of them out of the box from SGI. They all have
> the same problem. I tried compiling the below program and it also does
> the same thing. So it looks like I am missing some package in order to
> compile this? Any idea's what I should look for? Thanks,
> -Steve
> On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 09:57 -0800, Garrick Staples wrote:
>>On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 04:05:07PM -0500, Chemistry System Admin alleged:
>>>gcc -g -I../../../src/include -I../../../src/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c
>>>pbs_log.c:114: `_POSIX_PATH_MAX' undeclared here (not in a function)
>>>pbs_log.c: In function `log_open':
>>>pbs_log.c:181: `_POSIX_PATH_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)
>>>pbs_log.c:181: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>>>pbs_log.c:181: for each function it appears in.)
>>>pbs_log.c: At top level:
>>>pbs_log.c:114: storage size of `log_directory' isn't known
>>>make[4]: *** [pbs_log.o] Error 1
>>So the following program won't build?  If not, something is broken with
>>your system's header files.
>>#include <stdio.h>
>>#include <limits.h>
>>int main() {
>>  printf("%d\n",_POSIX_PATH_MAX);
>>torqueusers mailing list
>>torqueusers at supercluster.org

                   *** If you build it, they will come ***

HPC Systems Programmer at SARA Computing and Network Services
People should be able to e-mail me, spambots should not.

Digital signature can be verified by trusting the CA certificate
at http://ca.dutchgrid.nl/medium/cacert.pem