[torqueusers] Error Compiling Torque : "GCC no longer implements <varargs.h>."

Bernd Schemmer Bernd.Schemmer at gmx.de
Fri Dec 23 02:16:05 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to compile Torque on my Solaris box and get the follwong error:

bash-2.05#
make

Making all in
resmom
`build' is
updated.
Making all in
mom_rcp
gcc -g -I../../src/include -I../../src/include -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c
replace.c
In file included from
replace.c:17:
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.3.2/include/varargs.h:4:2:
#error
"GCC no longer implements
<varargs.h>."
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.3.2/include/varargs.h:5:2:
#error
"Revise your code to use
<stdarg.h>."
replace.c: In function
`errx':
replace.c:26: error: parse error before
"va_dcl"
replace.c:29: error: `va_list' undeclared (first use in this
function)
replace.c:29: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
replace.c:29: error: for each function it appears
in.)
replace.c:34: error: `ap' undeclared (first use in this
function)
replace.c: In function
`warnx':
replace.c:45: error: parse error before
"va_dcl"
replace.c:70: error: `str' undeclared (first use in this
function)
replace.c:76: error: `val' undeclared (first use in this
function)
*** Error code
1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`replace.o'
Current working directory
/var/daten/develop/source/torque-2.0.0p4/src/mom_rcp
*** Error code
1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`all'
Current working directory
/var/daten/develop/source/torque-2.0.0p4/src/mom_rcp
*** Error code
1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`all'
Current working directory
/var/daten/develop/source/torque-2.0.0p4/src
*** Error code
1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`all'
bash-2.05#

My environement:

bash-2.05# uname
-a
SunOS sol9 5.9 Generic_117171-12 sun4u sparc
SUNW,UltraAX-e

bash-2.05# gcc
-v
Reading specs from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.3.2/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as
--with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/l
--disable-nls

Thread model:
posix
gcc version
3.3.2

bash-2.05#
pwd
/var/develop/source/torque-2.0.0p4

How can I fix this?

(Please note that I'm an not a developer ...)

Thanks

Bernd

BTW: I did not find a search function for the list archives.

--
Bernd Schemmer, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
http://home.arcor.de/bnsmb/index.html

Más temprano que tarde el mundio cambiará
                        Fidel Castro