[torqueusers] Help with Torque and Matlab Distributed Computing Toolkit 2.0 ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Dec 28 21:34:06 MST 2005

Hi all,

We've got a user who wants to use Matlabs Distributed Computing Toolkit 2.0
which has integration for LSF and for Matlab's own "jobscheduler" queueing
system and, in version 2.0, has now added functionality for a "generic"
scheduler.

As someone who's never seen Matlab before the fact that the user has to write
code in Matlab to be able to access a queueing system is, umm, novel, but far
better than no support at all!

The general procedure is documented here:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/distcomp/progra10.html

Of course I've no idea how to program in Matlab, so I'm hoping that someone
here will have had to cope with this before and can help me out!

cheers,
Chris