[torqueusers] Job bounces from status R to status Q

Michael Barnes mbarnes at compsci.wm.edu
Thu Dec 15 11:44:49 MST 2005

I also have seen the bouncing from R to Q and it also bounces from node
to node when I have a user submit a job requesting only one processor
and staging in a large file (probably a timeout issue in the prologue,
that I cannot find).

A workaround when this happens is to have the user complain first, then
tell them to rcp the file manually in their script.

This is with an older version of PBS not torque.  I believe it is the
latest PBS release.  I'm not sure if anybody else has seen this issue
and/or if it has been fixed in torque, but I would love to find a real
solution to this problem.

Mike

--
| Michael Barnes <mbarnes at compsci.wm.edu> |