[torqueusers] RE: Health check script failure and offlining

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Dec 9 00:38:33 MST 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 12:53:55PM -0700, Smith, Jerry Don II alleged:
> Richard,
>

> We wrote a cron script tht takes care of this.  But yes MOAB takes care of this all on its own, even allowing "triggers" to adjust many things (node state, reservations etc...).

There's also the "down_on_error" server parameter.  It would be pretty
easy to make an "offline_on_error" (or maybe something more flexible) if
people want it.  I recall Chris Samuel requesting a way to prevent jobs
from being scheduled on nodes that had rebooted.

I've had down_on_error enabled for the last few months, but just
recently turned it off because maui was killing off too many jobs.  We
opted for a cronjob too.