[torqueusers] accounting statistics for multi-proc jobs

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Dec 9 00:34:57 MST 2005

Sorry I didn't reply this earlier, but you hit reply to an unrelated
thread and I didn't see within the other thread.

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 05:46:51PM +0000, L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk alleged:
> Hello, the information given to the epilogue script in $7 seems to be
> related only to the primary node of the job, even for a multi-node
> job.
>
>   (If both procs of a 2-proc node are used, epilogue $7 cputime includes
>   both).
>
> On the other hand, the information recorded in the pbs_server/accounting
> log is complete and includes all the nodes and processors of the job.
> (That's good!)
>
> Is this intentional? If it is, is there still a way of outputting complete
> information for the user in their standard output/error?
> (I see there are other epilogue scripts ....?).
>
> This is for torque-2.0.0p2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.

Definitely not intentional.  I think I know what the problem is, but I
can't look at it until next week.

If you file a case in bugzilla, maybe Dave can get to it :)

University of Southern California