[torqueusers] TMPDIR

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Dec 8 10:00:01 MST 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 05:48:12PM +0100, Martin Schaff??ner alleged:
> On Thursday 08 December 2005 17:38, Garrick Staples wrote:
>
> > But that was exactly what I intended.  I explained this on the list a
> > few weeks ago and noone objected.
>
> I've only been subscribed for a few (< 4) weeks, so maybe I missed this...

It's also in the pbs_mom manpage:

      create  the  directory.   If the directory already exists
      and is owned by the job owner, it  will  not  be deleted
      after  the  job.   If the directory already exists and is
      NOT owned by  the  job  owner,  the  job  start will  be
      rejected.
      Individual  jobs  can  override  $tmpdir  by setting the
      TMPDIR env variable with a full path.  It is not created
      and  removed  if a relative path is specified.  The jobid
      is not appended to a user-supplied TMPDIR.

University of Southern California