[torqueusers] migrating from pbsPRO 7

Jeffrey B. Reed jeff.reed at intrinsity.com
Wed Dec 7 09:40:44 MST 2005

We are considering migrating to TORQUE from pbsPro 7.  One of the issues is we
currently define queues like:

   create queue smoke
   set queue smoke queue_type = Execution
   set queue smoke Priority = 50
   set queue smoke resources_default.MHz = 1500
   set queue smoke resources_default.arch = linux
   set queue smoke resources_default.mem = 250000kb
   set queue smoke resources_default.nice = 0
   set queue smoke resources_default.osversion = SciLinux3_0
   set queue smoke resources_default.pool = simfarm
   set queue smoke enabled = True
   set queue smoke started = True

Where MHz, osversion, and pool are user defined resources in
priv_server/resourcedef file.  Are there any suggestions on how to duplicate
this in TORQUE?

Jeff
--

Jeffrey B. Reed