[torqueusers] Torque on HPUX (any flavor)

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Dec 6 17:44:35 MST 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 05:49:08PM -0500, Lippert, Kenneth B. alleged:
> I have my config file set up with the server as fully qualified (we have
> some disparate network loops around here, and fully qualified is always
> better).
>
> So it looks like:
> $pbsserver  myserver.blah.blah.com
> $ideal_load 4
> $max_load  8
> $logevent 255
> $restricted *.blah.blah.com

That's a pbs_mom config file.  I thought the problem was with client
commands?  MOM doesn't use pbs_iff.

> Maybe I should try without the "restricted"?

$restricted means that the host can bypass the priviledged port
requirement; weakening security.

University of Southern California