[torqueusers] Torque on HPUX (any flavor)

Lippert, Kenneth B. Kenneth.Lippert at alcoa.com
Tue Dec 6 15:49:08 MST 2005

 Jackie,

First of all, Kenn please, "Kenneth" yuck.  I expect people to ask me
what the frequency is.

I have my config file set up with the server as fully qualified (we have
some disparate network loops around here, and fully qualified is always
better).

So it looks like:
$pbsserver  myserver.blah.blah.com
$ideal_load 4
$max_load  8
$logevent 255
$restricted *.blah.blah.com

Maybe I should try without the "restricted"?

The trust issue is more interesting.  They definitely do NOT trust each
other.  Security admins frown greatly upon trusting machines.

I did do ssh from the client to the server both as root and a non-root
user to be sure that the .ssh_knownhosts file was populated.  If I do a
pbs_nodes on the server, it sees the client and reports its stats
correctly, so something is getting through.

Thanks for the quick response.

-k