[torqueusers] Torque with MPICH kills jobs consistently, but OpenPBS works fine

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Dec 6 07:59:42 MST 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 15:48, Prakash Velayutham wrote:
> Yeah, but in a root-over-NFS, you need the ethernet driver in the kernel
> and not as modules, right. The issue seems to be that both the drivers
> have been compiled into the kernel, instead of the e100. I will have to
> take down the cluster sometime (over a weekend) and redo some stuff,
> looks like.

Maybe that's OT, but you can still compile drivers as modules. You'd only have
to use an initrd (that's what I do).

Regards,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063