[torqueusers] Unable to stage out directories

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Dec 5 14:20:45 MST 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 05:23:45PM +0100, Per Lundqvist alleged:
> Is it possible to stage out directories in torque? It seems that it should
> be since stage out uses 'scp -r' or 'cp -r' (see compile options and
> config file in the attached text file), but I'm unable to make this work.
>
> E.g. this does not work for me:
>   #!/bin/sh
>   #PBS -l nodes=n129,walltime=00:10:00 -j oe
>   #PBS -W stageout=/disk/local/dir at torn:/home/perl/stageout
>
>   mkdir /disk/local/dir
>   touch /disk/local/dir/tmp.$RANDOM
>   ls -lR /disk/local

Funny you should ask.  Last week I started on a set of enhancements to
data staging, including staging of directories.  I haven't rolled all of
my patches yet, but the p3 snapshots will allow stageout of directories.

University of Southern California