[torqueusers] PVM, mpiexec, tm, and pbsdsh

mgutteri at fhcrc.org mgutteri at fhcrc.org
Fri Dec 2 19:41:56 MST 2005

I've seen a lot of traffic lately around (basically) tm* functions.  I use PVM
heavily 'round here, and am a bit dissatisfied with the integration between
torque and pvm (no fault of anyone, just a need we've got here).

I got to thinking that there might be a way to work the two together.  Has
anyone worked with spawning PVM slaves via pbsdsh?  pvmd does have a "manual
startup" method that I thought might have some traction to it.  Otherwise,
would patches to PVM integrate the two?  The ssh functionality was added-in,
would it be possible to integrate something where one could set "PVM_RSH" to
pbsdsh?

I am interested in looking into this deeper, though I'm finding scant resources
WRT the tm interface outside the manpages in torque.  Are those current enough?
They seemed dated.  Are there any other references that would be useful in such
a project?  Has anyone else been on this snipe hunt?

Thanks

Michael