[torqueusers] TMPDIR

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Dec 2 14:10:02 MST 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 04:39:28PM +0000, Steve Traylen alleged:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 05:14:34PM +0100 or thereabouts, Simon Robbins wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I see that the TRANSIENT_TMPDIR patch has been
> > incorporated into v2.0.0p2.  How do I activate this
> > code?  Or does it only work on Crays?
>
> --enable-tmpdir=/var/spool/pbs
>
> on the config, it certainly works on linux, no idea about
> Crays.

There is no --enable-tmpdir configure option.

There is a --set-tmpdir option, for a Cray-specific feature, that
overrides the default of "/tmp".

The newly-integrated TRANSIENT_TMPDIR patch is configured in MOM's
config with $tmpdir, works for all arches, and is detailed in the
pbs_mom manpage.

I don't know how the new $tmpdir interacts with the Cray-specific
tmpdir.

University of Southern California