FW: [torqueusers] help with use of PVM with Torque

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Dec 1 00:39:11 MST 2005

On Thursday 01 December 2005 06:48, Daniel.G.Roberts at sanofi-aventis.com wrote:

> The trick is to start the master pvmd on a compute node and then add the
> slaves..

The problem is that I believe that it uses rsh/ssh internally to launch those
slaves on other compute nodes and the cluster has rsh/ssh completely
disabled. :-(

I was wondering if you could use mpiexec to launch the pvm daemons, but I
don't know enough about PVM to know whether it could work..

cheers,
Chris