[torqueusers] Wrong resources_used.cput report

Mathieu OUDART Mathieu.Oudart at cnes.fr
Wed Aug 31 01:32:32 MDT 2005

Hi all,

We actually use Torque 1.2.0p5 / Maui 3.2.6p14(snap) on our Linux
cluster. All nodes have the same opteron based architecture. The Linux
distribution used on all nodes is Mandriva LE 2005.

The problem is that the CPU time used by batch jobs is not well reported
(always zero) :
cput=00:00:00,mem=4256kb,vmem=24428kb,walltime=00:01:01

But it's not only a reporting problem, my cputime based policies do not
work

For example, I set "RESOURCELIMITPOLICY  PROC:ALWAYS:CANCEL" in my Maui
configuration,
but any job asking for 10 cpu minutes are able to use several cpu hours
without being cancelled.

Does anyone have experienced this problem with the resources_used.cput ?

Regards.

--
Mathieu OUDART