node operations in qmgr [Was: Re: [torqueusers] 64 bit issues.]

Roy Dragseth Roy.Dragseth at cc.uit.no
Mon Aug 29 13:35:48 MDT 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 23:44, Garrick Staples wrote:
> Basicly, adding and removing nodes in qmgr is currently an unsupported
> operation.

So maybe the best strategy would be to use qmgr to add/remove nodes and then
sync up with a pbs_server restart when done?  Would this ensure that all moms
get the correct okclients list?

> Changing node attributes in qmgr works fine, though maui won't pick up
> any removed attributes.  Maui picks up new attributes fine, but you have
> to restart it if you remove any attributes.

Thanks for the info.  I'm the maintainer of the pbs/maui setup for the rocks
cluster distribution and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it possible
to set node properties for inhomogeneous clusters.

r.
--
  The Computer Center, University of Tromsø, N-9037 TROMSØ, Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00
	 Direct call: +47 77 64 62 56. email: royd at cc.uit.no