node operations in qmgr [Was: Re: [torqueusers] 64 bit issues.]

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Aug 26 15:44:33 MDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 10:38:26PM +0200, Roy Dragseth alleged:
> On Friday 26 August 2005 16:46, Garrick Staples wrote:
> > okclients is the list of all moms and servers to authorize connections.
> > Server maintains the list and sends it to mom when they first start.
> >
> > The problem is that the list is not broadcasted out when you add a new
> > node.
>
> So what is the best strategy, deleting and creating the nodes or restarting
> pbs_server?
>
> I fix for this should be much appreciated as it makes the nifty feature of
> adding and removing nodes through qmgr useless if you need to restart the
> server anyway.

Basicly, adding and removing nodes in qmgr is currently an unsupported
operation.

Changing node attributes in qmgr works fine, though maui won't pick up
any removed attributes.  Maui picks up new attributes fine, but you have
to restart it if you remove any attributes.

University of Southern California