[torqueusers] Maui and torque

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Aug 25 09:16:10 MDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 10:54:09AM -0400, Chris Johnson alleged:
>      So question: if I run maui on a 32 bit master node will it do the right
> thing with 64 bit execution nodes or the reverse combination?

Yes, that shouldn't be a problem.  I've had 32bit pbs_server/maui with a
mixed cluster, and I'm currently using 64bit pbs_server/maui with a
mixed cluster.

Assuming a modern version of TORQUE, maui can run as non-priviledged
user and only talks to pbs_server.  With older versions of TORQUE, maui
had to directly poll each node.

University of Southern California