[torqueusers] torque configuration question

Jacqueline Scoggins jscoggins at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 24 14:09:42 MDT 2005

Does anyone know how to allow for 2 class of hosts to be included in the
nodes file to allow users to have to specify via a property tag and the
jobs will only go to those nodes?

i.e.

nodes

  node0001  np=2 shared
  node0002  np=2 shared

  node0030 np=4 dualcore
  node0031 np=4 dualcore

qsub -l nodes=4:dualcore    <jobs>     Sends the jobs correctly to the
                                                   dual core queues even
if the
					shared ones are free

but

qsub -l nodes:4  job                    Sends the job to all free nodes
even
                                               dual core ones.

I have the following queue set up:

Queue            Max Tot Ena Str Que Run Hld Wat Trn Ext Type
---------------- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ----------
default            0   0 yes yes   0   0   0   0   0   0 Route
long               0   7 yes yes   0   7   0   0   0   0 Execution

qmgr -c 'l q default'
Queue default
        queue_type = Route
        total_jobs = 0
        state_count = Transit:0 Queued:0 Held:0 Waiting:0 Running:0
Exiting:0
        route_destinations = long
        enabled = True
        started = True

 qmgr -c 'l q long'
Queue long
        queue_type = Execution
        total_jobs = 7
        state_count = Transit:0 Queued:0 Held:0 Waiting:0 Running:7
Exiting:0
        from_route_only = True
        resources_default.nodect = 1
        resources_default.nodes = 1
        resources_assigned.nodect = 32
        enabled = True
        started = True

What can I do?  I am only running torque version 1.1.0p2-aspen3.

Thanks