[torqueusers] Changing Hostname

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Tue Aug 23 10:40:56 MDT 2005

Zahedi,

For TORQUE, you will want to change the file "server_name" found, in a
default TORQUE installation, at /usr/spool/PBS/server_name. You will
also want to verify that the compute node MOMs now accept connections
from the new server's hostname (look at their mom_priv/config file - the
$clienthost parameter should reflect the change). This should take care
of the TORQUE issue.

As for Maui, check in the maui.cfg file for any references to the hold
hostname. Most likely you have a SERVERHOST parameter that still
references the old hostname.

--Josh Butikofer

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 19:06 -0400, Zahedi Ali-Shayan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I needed to change my hostname after installation and as a result, maui and
> Torque daemons can not start with the error message saying that maui needs to
> be started on my previous hostname. I've looked around for config files in
> /server_priv but no luck. /etc/hosts has been modified to reflect the new
> hostname but as I understand, Torque uses additional internal checking. How can
> I configure TORQUE with the new hostname?
>
> Thanks in advance
Josh Butikofer
Cluster Resources, Inc.
josh at clusterresources.com