[torqueusers] Torque API question

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Aug 23 09:52:03 MDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 09:40:26AM +0200, Cargnelli, Matthieu alleged:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to write a DRMAA implementation for torque, but I don't
> really know the native API, so I have some problems implementing a binding.
> In particular I have a question about the attropl structure.
>
> Here is its declaration in the pbs_ifl.h file:
>
> struct attropl {
>   struct attropl *next;
>   char         *name;
>   char         *resource;
>   char         *value;
>   enum batch_op   op;
>   };
>
> I'm annoyed by the ressource (or maybe name)  parameter. I only have a
> name and a value on the DRMAA side. Could someone explain what ressource
> stands for ?

The name parameter is not supposed to be a unique identifier.  But if
you combine "name.resources", it is unique.

Off the top of my head, Resource_List and resources_used are the only
examples:

    resources_used.cput = 1781:47:09
    resources_used.mem = 12642364kb
    resources_used.vmem = 189092kb
    resources_used.walltime = 09:02:45

    Resource_List.neednodes = 100:myri:ppn=2
    Resource_List.nodect = 100
    Resource_List.nodes = 100:myri:ppn=2
    Resource_List.walltime = 24:00:00

University of Southern California