[torqueusers] Problems in Installing Torque

Kashif Saleem saleemk at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Thu Aug 18 18:48:15 MDT 2005

Hi All,
       I downloaded the TORQUE torque-1.2.0p5 and installed as shown in fig:
acconfig.h  CHANGELOG     config.status  contrib      doc       Makefile.in      README.torque  torque.setup
aclocal.m4  config.cache  configure      CVS          INSTALL   PBS_License.txt  Release_Notes
buildutils  config.log    configure.in   DEVELOPMENT  Makefile  README.mpiexec   src

I configured the serve by executing the command
./torque.setup root

I verified my server configuration as shown below:
[root at labpc-18 torque-1.2.0p5]# qstat -q

server: labpc-18.nesc.gla.ac.uk

Queue            Memory CPU Time Walltime Node Run Que Lm  State
---------------- ------ -------- -------- ---- --- --- --  -----
batch              --      --       --     --    0   0 --   E R
                                               --- ---
                                                 0   0

I need couple of question to ask  as follows:

1) whether the above output specifying that I have installed the server correctly.

2)In my server installation there is no directory "server_priv", so I am wondering whether I have to make this directory myself and then create nodes file where I specify all list of nodes.

3)Inorder to install TORQUE on the slave nodes:what i did I  copied this server installation to slave machine and run make install in the src/mom_priv directory,but again there is no mom_priv directory there so I am wondering whether I have to create myself and then I should create config with server entry along with $clienthost.
4)the other thing I am confused about the $clienthost what is the value of this variable,is it clienthost IP or what?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me in clarifying these basic concepts.

Kind Regards
Kashif Saleem.