[torqueusers] Server not talking to MOMs at all

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Aug 15 21:42:39 MDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 11:15:50PM -0400, Prakash Velayutham alleged:
> But I have a question here. The MOMs can still see the
> external interface of the server (fructose in my case) through
> Masq, so why didn't they talk to it or keep status updates. My

I suspect pbs_server didn't understand where the updates were coming from.

Since the MOM messages were being source NAT'd, pbs_server probably saw
connections coming from an 205.142 IP (itself?) and not from a valid hostname
in the $PBSHOME/server_priv/nodes file.

The server logs would be able to confirm or deny this.

> server_name file also mentions fructose as the server name???!!!

MOM doesn't read that file.  PBS clients (qstat, pbsnodes, etc.) read it to get
the default server name.

University of Southern California