[torqueusers] new torque user

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Aug 15 13:18:00 MDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 11:38:22AM -0700, susan james alleged:
> Hello All
>
> I'm new to torque and have a basic question.
>
> I'm looking for a logging file that will give me information about each
> running or queued job that failed.

$PBSHOME/mom_logs and $PBSHOME/server_logs has daily log files.  The
verboseness in pbs_mom is controlled by the $loglevel variable in the config file,
the LOGLEVEL environmental variable, or dynamically with SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2.
The verboseness in pbs_server is the log_level server attribute adjustable in
'qmgr'.

This should all be explained in the 'pbs_mom' and 'pbs_server' manpages.

University of Southern California