[torqueusers] problem with: set queue cfqroute_destinations=cfq@other.host

Daniel Widyono widyono at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Aug 11 18:03:16 MDT 2005

> Would you mind potentially shedding some light in this area?  Based on
> the bits of code I've found, Garrick's assessment as to mom publishing
> its status seems correct.  Prior to OpenPBS (not sure) and/or torque,
> pbs_server use to probe mom for a status.  Now it seems, mom regularly
> provides the status.  If it is simply an issue of providing the status,
> why not just have mom broadcast the status to all pbs_servers to which
> it can connect (default and defined in her $PBS_HOME/config file)?

Might it be a good idea to simply broadcast its status, period, similar to
ganglia's gmond?  Each pbs_server knows which nodes it cares about; it can
filter status packets accordingly.  I have a suspicion that this might scale
better (multicasting even better, but that's a whole other ballgame that I
have _no_ experience in).

Dan W.