[torqueusers] problem with: set queue cfqroute_destinations=cfq@other.host

Stewart Samuels Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com
Thu Aug 11 11:34:00 MDT 2005

Garrick,

Are you saying that mom should support multiple pbs_servers?
Originally, PBS used to.  But somewhere between the original PBS code
and TORQUE (as up to torque-1.2.0p1 anyway), mom ONLY supports 1
pbs_server.  I have found code in mom that supports my statement.  In
fact, this is why only the first "$clienthost hostname" entry that mom
can contact is that to which it connects.  All others are ignored.  If
mom notices that a pbs_server is running on the same node that she is
running on, mom connects to that server and ignores all entries in its
$PBS_HOME/config "$clienthost hostname" list.

I suspect this change over was mad to allow torque to be much more
scalable, but I am not certain of this and it certainly is an issue when
you want to have dual master nodes in HA mode.

	Stewart