[torqueusers] PBS/Maui roll on Rock cluster

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Aug 10 21:43:22 MDT 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:38 pm, isha vishnoi wrote:

> I have a idea how to install torque on nodes running on LAN.But I  do not
> know how to install PBS/maui roll on running Rock cluster.

I believe that Rocks Rolls must be installed when you build the frontend
(management) node, I don't believe you can do that whilst it's running.  Your
only option if you can't shut the cluster down is to build Torque and Maui by
hand and do the maintenance yourself.

Rocks 4.0.0 does let you upgrade the management node by taking the entire
cluster and it down, it's documented at:

 http://www.rocksclusters.org/rocks-documentation/4.0.0/upgrade-frontend.html

*BUT* you'd get much better answers if you asked on the Rocks discuss mailing
list, which is at: