[torqueusers] Job names starting with a numeric character

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Wed Aug 10 08:31:35 MDT 2005

Ronny,

  This is a strange limitation.  I am not certain why it would be in
place other than possibly they wanted to enforce differentiation between
job ids and job names.  Perhaps a goal at some point in the early PBS
development was to allow jobs to be referenced by either convention and
this limitation allowed the software to easily distinguish.  If no
objections show up in a week or two, I think we could do a code review
of checkpointing, job routing, client command job specification, etc,
and, if deemed safe, roll it in.

  Thanks for the recommended patch!

Dave