[torqueusers] problem with: set queue cfq route_destinations =cfq@other.host

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Aug 9 17:57:03 MDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 03:02:28PM -0400, Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com alleged:

> When digging through the code, what I found was that pbs_server (when dealing
> with the routing of jobs) actually uses the "pbsnodes" command to get a list
> of valid destinations to which it can route.  In other words, pbs_server
> validates the "host" portion (specified in the form "@hostname")of the names
> listed in the "route_destinations" attribute with the names of the nodes
> listed in its own $PBS_HOME/server_priv/nodes file.
>
> So, in your case, simply place "other.host" in your nodes file on the system
> in which you are trying to transfer from.  The pbsnodes command must show the
> remote node listed in your $PBS_SERVER/server_priv/nodes file as "free".  For
> this to occur, the $PBS_SERVER/mom_priv/config file on the remote system must
> contain a $clienthost entry for the sending node.  If the remote server is a
> master node for a cluster, run a mom on the master node that contains the
> sending server in its $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config file.  The compute nodes for
> the cluster do not require this entry.

I've been trying this and can't seem to duplicate it.  I have no problem
submitting and routing to remote servers without entries in server_priv/nodes.

The only requirement that I can find is that the submitting user and host must pass
userok() (add the submitting host to the receiver's /etc/hosts.equiv).

This is with torque-1.2.0p5-snap.1122411769 which is almost the same thing as
the 1.2.0p5 release.

University of Southern California