[torqueusers] problem with: set queue cfq route_destinations =cfq@other.host

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Aug 9 12:22:13 MDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 03:02:28PM -0400, Stewart.Samuels at sanofi-aventis.com alleged:
[..snip..]
> So, in your case, simply place "other.host" in your nodes file on the system
> in which you are trying to transfer from.  The pbsnodes command must show the
> remote node listed in your $PBS_SERVER/server_priv/nodes file as "free".  For
> this to occur, the $PBS_SERVER/mom_priv/config file on the remote system must
> contain a $clienthost entry for the sending node.  If the remote server is a
> master node for a cluster, run a mom on the master node that contains the
> sending server in its $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config file.  The compute nodes for
> the cluster do not require this entry.

Placing other PBS servers in server_priv/nodes is clearly not an optimal
configuration.

What do people think about defining a new "$PBSHOME/server_priv/submit_hosts"
file to authorize hosts for remote job submission and queue routing?

If people like the idea I'll code it up.

University of Southern California