[torqueusers] local scratch space allocation

Steve Traylen s.traylen at rl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 8 08:46:30 MDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 05:09:47PM -0600 or thereabouts, mcgregor at fnal.gov wrote:
> I'd like to give jobs access to local scratch space on nodes, like in the 2nd example of prologue/epilogue scripts in the torque manual. The question I'm stuck with is how to make the job aware of this space? I'd like to be able to define an environment variable like WORKDIR that points to it, but I don't know how to pass this to the executing job. If possible, I'd prefer if users did not have to make any changes to their submission scripts.

You just export the WORKDIR variable in the prologue.

You may also be interested in this patch

http://www.dutchgrid.nl/install/edg-testbed-stuff/torque/torque-1.0.1p6-transient-tmpdir.patch

from David Groep.

which patches torque to create a directory for you.

Any chance of this patch being added to the torque release please?

 Steve