[torqueusers] local scratch space allocation

mcgregor at fnal.gov mcgregor at fnal.gov
Fri Aug 5 17:09:47 MDT 2005

I'd like to give jobs access to local scratch space on nodes, like in the 2nd example of prologue/epilogue scripts in the torque manual. The question I'm stuck with is how to make the job aware of this space? I'd like to be able to define an environment variable like WORKDIR that points to it, but I don't know how to pass this to the executing job. If possible, I'd prefer if users did not have to make any changes to their submission scripts.

Thanks,
Gordon McGregor