[torqueusers] Getting resources used by jobs

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Aug 4 18:44:04 MDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 05:36:49PM +0200, Mathieu OUDART alleged:
> Hi all,
>
> I have another question concerning Torque 1.2.0p5.
>
> For each user's batch I would like to return a summary of resources used
> by the job (ie a $jobid.stats file). It would allow users to adjust
> their job requirements for the next runs.
[..snip..]
> I'd like this summary file to come besides the job.stdout and job.stderr
> files, at the end of the job.
>
> How would you do that ?
>
> Is there a better way to get the resources used by the jobs ?

The "resources used" string is just a single line, why bother with a seperate
file?

Just put 'echo $7' in your epilogue script and be done with it.

Snippet of my epilogue script:

   NODEFILE=$PBS_HOME/aux/$1
   echo "Begin PBS Epilogue $(date)"
   echo "Job ID:           $1"
   echo "Username: $2"
   echo "Group:            $3"
   echo "Job Name: $4"
   echo "Session:  $5"
   echo "Limits:           $6"
   echo "Resources:        $7"
   echo "Queue:            $8"
   echo "Account:          $9"
   echo "Nodes: $(sort $NODEFILE | uniq | xargs echo)"

(And half my users suggest I pipe the nodefile through 'fold', and I respond
that the other half like to 'grep ^Nodes' the output file.

University of Southern California