[torqueusers] Getting resources used by jobs

Mathieu OUDART Mathieu.Oudart at cnes.fr
Thu Aug 4 09:36:49 MDT 2005

Hi all,

I have another question concerning Torque 1.2.0p5.

For each user's batch I would like to return a summary of resources used
by the job (ie a $jobid.stats file). It would allow users to adjust
their job requirements for the next runs.

I thought to use the "epilogue.user" because the admin's guide says :

TORQUE supplies the following arguments to the epilogue, epilogue.user,
epilogue.precancel, and epilogue.parallel scripts:
argv[1]       job id
argv[2]       job execution user name
argv[3]       job execution group name
argv[4]       job name
argv[5]       session id
argv[6]       list of requested resource limits
argv[7]       list of resources used
argv[8]       job execution queue
argv[9]       job account

but in fact for epilogue.user I have :

argv[1]       job id
argv[2]       job execution user name
argv[3]       job execution group name
argv[4]       job name
argv[5]       list of requested resource limits
argv[6]       job execution queue

Have you experienced that ?

So I could use the "epilogue" script (the arguments are correct) but it
runs under "$PBS_HOME/mom_priv/" instead of "$USER_HOME", and it doesn't
know user's environment variables like $HOME.

I'd like this summary file to come besides the job.stdout and job.stderr
files, at the end of the job.

How would you do that ?

Is there a better way to get the resources used by the jobs ?

Regards.

--
Mathieu OUDART
OSIATIS, We build the run